Saturday, January 1, 2011

Learning Violin Online - Is it Really As Effective As Learning Violin With a Live Teacher?


There is a common misconception that learning violin online isn't feasible. People will tell you that you need to have private instruction and need to have someone beside you correcting you and giving you feedback. I'd like to propose that learning violin online isn't just feasible but it's actually the finest way to learn to play this amazing musical instrument.

The first reason is simply due to the cost. Private violin instruction can cost you hundreds of dollars an hour and that's if you're lucky enough to find a teacher that is even accepting new students. This compounded with the added stress of having someone breathing down your neck while you're trying to figure out how to make a sound resembling music makes personal instruction somewhat daunting.

Another reason is scheduling. Learning to play violin takes a lot of time. Not just in instruction time but also in practice time. If you have to go to a physical location to sit for an hour and then get sent home with your homework, the amount of time you're going to have to spend to learn to play the violin is going to be huge.

I am far from an accomplished violinist but I can certainly play a few songs and can pass myself off as respectable. I have bitter memories from my childhood of stern-faced piano instructors with zero tolerance for error so I decided that learning violin online was the only way to go for me. I spent weeks researching the best programs available until I found one that changed my relationship with my violin.








I found a site called LearningViolinOnline.com and decided to take a chance on their program. It was easily the single best investment I could have made and I strongly suggest you pay them a visit if you're serious about learning violin online and want to learn without the stress and high cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment